Thursday, August 26, 2010

A whatever post

This an anything, everything and whatever post.  I have a life to more than food, you know.

Yeah.  I announced it to the world already, i.e. I said it out loud, that I want to run in a marathon.  Not any marathon-the New York Marathon.  Yikes, I'd never ran a marathon before and I am not a runner.  I actually abhor running and prefer walking much more.  What have a got myself into!@#$ Yikes!!!!

In the 80's, many moons ago, I lived in NYC and ever time the Marathon can around, I dreamed of running in the marathon.  I don't care if I take ten hours to finish the race, I just want to finish.  Sigh! I never got started too.

Map from 2009

My inspiration: My gym is organizing a charity Marathon/Walkathon next month.  I'm joining. 




Then in November, I think, there is always the Stardard Chartered Bank Marathon.  I might join, see how I feel about next first.  If not, next year.



But my ultimate goal of the NYC Marathon is for 2013 which will coincide with my Highschool grand reunion in San Francisco.  Taking a very long vacation to transverse the North American continent.  So many things to do, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment