Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yes, I must blog consistently. . .

I enjoyed my long weekend by rain.  What does one do when it rains?  She pretend to cook.

In the guise of cooking, I wanted to clean out my refrigerator, but I only have one egg left, some cheese, some milk.  Ah, yes my own creation of One Egg Omelet:
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 oz mozzarella cheese
  • salt to taste
  • 1 tbsp cooking oil 
Mix the egg, salt and mozzarella cheese well. In pan, heat the oi. When hot enough, pour in the egg mixture and cook about 2 minutes. Flip to the other side for about 1 minute (or less).  Number of Servings: 1

My Omelet while in the pan
Finish product


 As you can see, my product didn't turn out so good, but a seasoned cook can make a better one. Sigh!

After a mixture of tidying up the apartment, TV and surfing the net, I decided the clouds have cleared enough for me to go out for lunch (at 4 PM).  So I went to my neighbor bakery/cafe - M Bakery.  It more of the cafe than a bakery.  More patrons come here for a quick meal and coffee.  So, with a book in hand I order one of my favorite: Tom Yum Fried Rice with everything.  The everything is  some squid, shellfish,pork, chicken - everything that you may find in a regular Tom Yum.

Tom Yum Fried Rice
  • 10 medium-size prawns or shrimps
  • 0.5lbs kale, cut into thin slices on the bias
  • 3 oz squids, cut into rings
  • 3 oz pork or chicken cut into bite size
  • 2 fresh red chilli, sliced thinly
  • 1 stalk lemongrass, use bottom white part
  • 1tbsp Tom Yum Paste
  • some water

1. Cook rice as per normal
2. Heat some oil in frying pan, saute the prawns/shrimps on both sides till cooked. Saute the squid, and  pork/chicken.  Dish out and set aside
3. Fry all the kale, red chilli, jalopeno peppers, corn in the same oil, add Tom Yum Paste and some water(adjust according) and fry for 5-8mins
4. Add in the prawns,squid and pork and mix well. Make sure there is some gravy but not too wet since you do not want the rice to be too soggy
5. Add in the mixture into the rice while in the rice cooker. Mix the rice well with the Tom Yum mixture of Kale, chillis, peppers and shrimps Serve 4



 This was my lunch.  Much more appetizing that my one egg omelet. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment