Saturday, September 25, 2010

The newest addition to the family


Yesterday, I surprised my cousin and went to visit the newest additional to the family.  Little Pom Pom, no official name yet, was born last week September 16th.  Both Mother and son are home now and doing very well.




















The baby slept most of the time that I was there so I enjoyed myself to the company of my relatives.  We had a lovely spread for dinner - som tom, fried chicken , Thai beef salad, sticky rice - the normal spread from a local shop, Jae Kee Soi Polo.  This a well-known shop for Fried Chicken(with garlic topping) and Som Tom.




Som Tum, Larb Neua, Larb kai, Fried Chicken and Som Tum Pu Maa (with Crab Ceviche-style)

And the prix de resistance: Grilled King Prawn





The prawn was a little dry and there was no seafood dipping sauce so I ate with the Som Tum. Yum!!!!

It was a late evening because when the family gets together- we talk and talk and talk.  We talked into the night in between cigarettes (his cigarettes) and bits of food.  Our favorite subject - family gossips - catching up with contemporary gossips as whiles as the skeletons in the closets.  And well into the night and the gossips get more and more scandalous until we both heard a rustling noise.  A noise that wasn't suppose to happen or be heard in the corner.  we both turned white and both knew that my auntie (his mother) is in the room.  Her spirit was in the room and she wanted to be known that she was not pleased.  And that was it - the night ended.


No comments:

Post a Comment